About this course
Register for a free Kitchen Assistant course!Click here to register!
For many restaurants, kitchen assistants are an important part of the preparation of the food that comes out of the kitchen. They work under the direction of a head cook and each is usually assigned a specific part of the production, such as baking, boiling, making broths or preparing vegetables. They usually have several side duties in the kitchen as well that focus on keeping it clean and functional.
- Language: Greek
- Total Duration: 45 hours
- Duration / Class: 4 hours
- Classes per week: 2-3
- Basics of body posture and knife techniques essential for precision and safety in the kitchen
- Preparation of Basic Broths
- Rice Cooking Techniques, from Creole to Basmati
- Creating delicious soups using various techniques for unparalleled taste and texture
- Various Cooking Methods for Vegetables
- Eggs and Dough
- Meat Cooking Techniques
Potential Job Positions
- Line Cooking
- Sous Chef Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
The course is part of the Refugee Women Academy action implemented under Piraeus Bank’s EQUALL programme in strategic cooperation with Odyssea. The Refugee Women Academy is an initiative of Piraeus Bank, in collaboration with UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, in Greece.