About this course
Join our free Caregiver courseThe course is not available. See HERE the available courses!
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and resources needed to provide high-quality care to people who are elderly, disabled or recovering from illness or injury. The course aims to:
- Prepare individuals for the role of caregiver, including understanding the responsibilities and challenges of the role.
- Develop participants’ communication skills, including effective communication with the care recipient, their family, and healthcare providers.
- Enhance participants’ knowledge of safety and first aid to ensure the well-being of the care recipient. It provides participants with hands-on training in personal care skills such as bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Teach participants about meal preparation and nutrition, and the importance of good nutrition for the overall health of the care recipient.
- Increase participants’ understanding of common medical conditions and their treatments, as well as the caregiver’s role in managing the care recipient’s health.
- Empower participants to manage the emotional and physical demands of care through stress management techniques and self-care
- Language: Greek
- Course duration: 40 hours
- Lesson duration: 4 hours
- Lessons per week: 2-3 lessons
- Health and safety rules at work
- Basic care techniques
- Preparing for the field Emotion management
Potential Job Placement
Caregivers can work in a variety of settings, including home care, assisted living facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, adult day care centers, care hostels, and nonprofits.
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Personal hygiene
- Health and safety
- Medication management
- Medical emergency response