The power of entrepreneurship
Our Business Incubation Scholarship, in partnership with Alba Graduate Business School, helps beneficiaries set up their own start-ups and new businesses in Greece. We believe that entrepreneurship and business creation are vital to true, long-lasting integration of vulnerable groups across economic, social and political dimensions. We support hard workers with big ideas, original thinkers, dreamers and businesspeople to develop their concepts and realise their potential regardless of their racial, social or economic background.
Our Business Incubation Scholarships are funded by NextFab Foundation.
Successful applicants are informed of their placement on the program.
3. Basic Business Training
16 hours of training on basic business skills provided by Alba. After this stage, there is a selection process for the Incubation stage of the process. Progress to the Incubation stage is not guaranteed by the selection of an individual / team to the early stages of the scholarship (e.g. Basic Business Training).
One year of business incubation with Alba Graduate Business School, including 28 hours’ of coaching, seminars, mentoring and technical support. Workshop your ideas, perfect the concept and make it a reality with your mentors and fellow students.
Who can apply?
Our incubation program is open to teams of 2-3 people who want to start their own business and have some experience in their sector. Criteria to join are:
- Good English language skills and the ability to communicate in Greek if required to by their business idea
- If the applicant is a migrant or refugee, they must have recognised refugee / migrant status and the right to live and work in Greece
- Dedication to participate with no (or very limited) absences
- Means to attend online classes, such as an internet connection and, preferably, a laptop (although a phone or tablet can also be used if necessary)
- Some related expertise, such as technical / sectoral expertise and the experience and ability to implement an idea
- Openness to being coached and mentored, to accepting constructive criticism and to contributing helpful feedback of their own
- Openness to work and co-exist with people from other cultures, backgrounds, religions, genders, etc.
Alba Graduate Business School, Τhe American College of Greece, is considered one of Greece’s most prestigious graduate business schools. In addition to training, Alba also provides support to start-ups and entrepreneurs through the Alba Hub for Entrepreneurship and Development (AHEAD).
Our partnership with Alba provides our beneficiaries with some of Greece’s leading education and incubation facilities and opportunities.