About this course
Join our free Electrician courseClick here to register!
Electricians install and maintain all of the electrical and power systems for our homes, businesses, and factories. They install and maintain the wiring and control equipment through which electricity flows. Electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance, although many do both.
The Electrician Training course is designed to prepare the participant to find entry-level jobs in the electrical trades. It includes both theoretical and hands-on work training and aims to provide the required knowledge on building basic electrical circuits, building consumer units, fabrication techniques, cable types and equipment identification, hand tools familiarization, electrical formulas, inspection and testing, health and safety principles and rules.
- Language: GR / EN
- Total Duration: 40 hours
- Duration / Class: 4 hours
- Classes per week (approx.): 2-3
- Basic materials and tools used for standard residential electrical projects
- Safe work practices and safe use and application of electrical wiring and equipment.
- Components and assembly configurations of basic and advanced wiring systems used in residential and light commercial/industrial applications.
- Components and functions of brand, feeder, and service circuits and installations.
- The application and installation of standard electrical fixtures and electric-powered appliances.
- The electrical installation of related building systems, such as communications, computer, and security wiring.
- Testing and inspection.
- Defect Recognition and Repair.
Potential Job Placements
- Electrician assistant
- Assistant electrical inspector
- Assistant superintendent
- Utility service assistant
- Project manager electrical assistant
- Facilities assistant
- House Wirer Helper
- Electrician Apprentice
- Organization skills
- Able to follow instructions and guidelines
- Customer service
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and
- written directions
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience
- Ability to perform electrical installations, maintenance and repairs
- Greek & English language
- Knowledge of math
- Ability to work independently and self-schedule
- Driver’s licence